Photo by Mallory

Photo by Mallory


Today is another day on our life's journey.

Perhaps here you can find encouragement

for wherever your journeys may take you.

Welcome to my thinking place where you can

read insightful posts.

ADD_THIS

Monday, September 12, 2016

What Gives a Big Shadow?


Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.”
—Swedish Proverb


My anxiety level was over the top. I had a doctor’s appointment—routine, I hoped. I was concerned that they would find something wrong and give me a shot. I use the word concerned, not worried, because I diligently try not to worry.

As I waited at the doctor’s office, I even thought I would surely get blood drawn, which to me is a fate worse than any injection. But, you know, worrying about things will not change them.



Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life … Who of you by worrying can add a single hour in his life” –Matthew 6:25, 27, NIV

And you know, the usual long time in a doctor's waiting room allows plenty of time for dread to sprout wings. Finally, I met with the doctor. Routine, as I had hoped. No shot, no blood drawn. Whew! But what if I had allowed myself to really worry about all these things I’d dreaded? I could have worked myself into a dither. And for what? None of my concerns came to fruition.

Someone said, “Do what you can do and let God do what you cannot do.” What a great outlook to have on our present and future. Let’s all give it a try. Do you worry about things in your life? Do you worry too much?     

NOTE: If you received this blog post in an email and you'd like to leave a comment or check out something on the sidebar, please click on the title of this post and it will take you to the website where you can do that.




Thanks for reading my blog! My recently released novella, Donna’s Detour, is included in a boxed set of 10 romantic novellas, and all take place on the historic U.S. Route 66, a two-lane highway that ran from Chicago to California's west coast. Available in eBook at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment