Photo by Mallory

Photo by Mallory


Today is another day on our life's journey.

Perhaps here you can find encouragement

for wherever your journeys may take you.

Welcome to my thinking place where you can

read insightful posts.

ADD_THIS

Monday, September 14, 2015

A Valuable Commodity

I’ve always valued friendship and the loyalty that binds friends together. I suppose one reason friendship is so important to me is that I had no brothers or sisters. Friendship is a valuable commodity to be cherished and cared for.

I’ve mentioned friends and friendship in many of my writings, so I won’t bore you with a lot of words from me this time. But for your enjoyment and for mine, here are some of my favorite quotations about friends and friendships:
 

 "A true friend is one soul in two bodies." –Aristotle

"Animals are such agreeable friends--they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." –George Eliot

"A friend is one who dislikes the same people that you dislike." –Anonymous

"Friendship! Mysterious cement of the soul. –Robert Blair, Scottish poet


“Best friends are like stars…you don’t always see them but you know they are always there.” –Unknown

“True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but not in the heart.” –Unknown

“Friendship is . . . the sort of love one can imagine between angels.” –C. S. Lewis

“There is nothing on this earth to be prized more than true friendship.” St. Thomas Aquinas

“Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier.” –Unknown


                       Promise me. You won’t forget
                   Our laughs. Our jokes. Our smiles.
                       Our conversations. Our plans.
                          Our tears. Our memories.
                      Our experiences. Our friendship.
                                            --Unknown


NOTE: If you received this blog post in an email and you'd like to leave a comment or check out something on the sidebar, please click on the title of this post above and it will take you to the website where you can do that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment