Photo by Mallory

Photo by Mallory


Today is another day on our life's journey.

Perhaps here you can find encouragement

for wherever your journeys may take you.

Welcome to my thinking place where you can

read insightful posts.

ADD_THIS

Monday, November 24, 2014

Have and Have Not

I plan to post here on Lifelines every Monday. Some posts may be humorous but all will be insightful. I hope you find this blog inspiring and entertaining, perhaps finding a nugget of wisdom to help you in days to come. In the right sidebar you can sign up to follow the blog and never miss when a new post goes up. Also in the right sidebar you can join my mailing list and receive my newsletter, which has a book giveaway in each issue.



Source: Unknown

How true the above quotation is! Many times we take what or who we have for granted. Assuming or taking for granted are not safe places to go. By taking things for granted we do exactly what the above quotation says.

I try to remember my blessings each day and be thankful for them. I also am thankful for things that didn’t come my way—I’m thankful my home didn’t catch fire, I wasn’t in a car accident, I’m not in the hospital. We only have to scan the newspaper or watch TV news to learn about all the bad things in peoples’ lives and be thankful those things didn’t happen to us.

It’s all a matter of priority. We can remember the things we have before we spend our days thinking about the things we want. I hope we all can be mindful of all the good we have in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment